By: Camille Lindsey
It’s no secret: Americans’ finances are strained.
- Inflation is eating away spending power.
- Interest rates are steadily rising.
- People are delinquent on auto loans.
- Consumers are turning to credit cards to make ends meet.
- To top it off, student loan payments are poised to restart this year.
At Account Management Resources (AMR), we understand there are many factors influencing personal finances. So, we watch the market closely to anticipate external stress on consumers. We train our team to speak to consumers in an emotionally intelligent way with these external factors in mind.
When our team members speak with a consumer, they strive to help them feel supported and understood, and work with them to find solutions and establish payment plans. We also understand the debt we are trying to collect on is often not the consumer’s only debt, and frequently educate consumers on the basics of credit, credit reporting, finances and more.
Our guiding values are summarized in the ACA Collectors Pledge, which states:
- I believe every person should be treated with dignity and respect.
- I will make it my personal responsibility to help consumers find ways to pay their just debts.
- I will be professional and ethical.
- I commit to honoring this pledge.
Understanding the challenges a consumer faces is essential to establishing a relationship, collaborating on a payment plan and ultimately improving debt collection.
Interested in learning more about AMR’s unique approach to collections? Contact us at email@example.com.